Whether the party is a simple family affair or a full blown celebration, the cake is an important part of the party. There is nothing like being a part of the party by sharing your talent. If you are a beginner in decorating, this workshop will give you a step-by-step overview of techniques that will make cake decoration much easier. After attending this workshop, with a bit of practice and patience you will be able to create stunning cakes and surprise your party guests.
You will use butter cream to practise piping skills and use fresh cream to decorate your ultimate master piece. However, the skills you learn in this workshop can be applied to any kind of icing medium to create stunning edible art.
What you will learn
• Learn how to prepare the cake by layering, filling and crumb coating.
• How to make buttercream icing for piping practice.
• Learn different types of icing consistencies for different purposes.
• How to use pastry bags, tips and couplers.
• Learn basic piping skills such as piping a shell, dot, star, rosette, leaves, grass, line, writing and etc.
• Learn moderate piping skills such as different type of boarders, figure piping, filling techniques and rose piping.
• Apply the piping skills learnt to decorate a cake in class.
What you will be getting
• Printed recipe for buttercream icing.
• Printed notes for decoration techniques.
• A lot of decoration ideas.
• Free rental of a set of professional decorating materials and tips for you to use in class.
• Awesome knowledge and experience.
• Delicious and gorgeous master piece you have created.
• Light Refreshments.