Bake Short-Crust Pastry Tarts and Pies (TPG-2023055063)
Embark on a delectable journey into the world of pastry perfection with our Short Crust Pastry Tart and Pie Course! Indulge your passion for baking as you learn the art of creating exquisite tarts and pies from scratch.
From mastering the delicate balance of buttery crusts to crafting sumptuous fillings bursting with flavour, our expert instructors will guide you every step of the way. Whether you dream of creating elegant fruit tarts, savoury quiches, or classic apple pies, this course offers the tools and techniques to bring your culinary visions to life.
Join us for a hands-on experience filled with creativity, camaraderie, and, of course, plenty of delicious treats. Elevate your baking skills to new heights and impress friends and family with your delectable creations.
Don't miss this opportunity to become a pastry perfectionist – sign up now and let the baking adventures begin!
In this module, " Bake Short-Crust Pastry Tarts and Pies ", is designed to provide participants with the technical skills and competencies necessary to Bake an array of delectable Short-Crust Pastry Tarts and Pies including the preparation of delicious fillings and toppings.
This module covers the lesson's theory elements, followed by a practical performance that will provide the participants with hands-on skills related to the theory session.
Recipe to bake in class
- Egg Tart
- Lemon Tart
- Almond Frangipane
- Apple Pie
- Fruit Tart
- Chocolate Tart
- Total training hours – 16 hours ( 2 days of 8 hours )
- Time - 10am - 7pm (Including 1 hour lunch break)
- Private group session can be arranged just for your group if you have minimum 6 participants in your group.
- Maximum – 10 participants in one class.
- Minimum – 2 participants to commence the class.
- (Class will be rescheduled if there are not enough participants to commence the class, and we’ll inform the registered participants minimum 3 days in advance)
|Full Course fees before funding
|Payable fee after funding
|For Singapore Citizens and PRs aged 21 years and above
|For Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
(Full Course Fee)
Skills Future Credit:
Singapore Citizens aged 25 years and above can claim the payable fee from their skills future credit
Absentee Payroll (AP) Funding:
· $4.50 per hour, capped at $100,000 per enterprise per calendar year.
· AP funding will be computed based on the actual number of training hours attended by the trainee
Who should attend?
- Individuals who would like to learn to how to Bake Short-Crust Pastry Tarts and Pies.
- Individuals who are working in F & B to develop their skills in baking.
- Individuals who might be keen on joining the F& industry.
- Individuals who wish to obtain the technical skills required to start a bakery business.
What will you be learning?
- Understand function of ingredients for short crust pastries.
- Basic principle of making short crust pastries
- Short crust pastry mixing methods.
- Procedures for making tart shells.
- Learn how to make and store filling and topping for pastries.
- Learn how to use readymade fillings for short crust pastries.
- Final makeup to create an appealing presence.
- Quality caricaturists of short crust pastries.
- Common faults and precautions.
What will you be getting?
- Printed recipe booklet for all the items learnt in class.
- Bring home all the pastries you make in class.
- Awesome knowledge and experience.
- WSQ certificate
- Statement of Attainment (SOA) from Skills Future Singapore (SSG)
Delivery & Assessment Methods
- Mini lectures with presentations and videos to explain concepts and theories.
- Practical activities include live demonstrations and hands-on practice.
- Discussion and feedback
- 15 mins written assessment & 75 mins Practical Performance
Terms and conditions
Participants should be able to converse, read & write in English.
A minimum number of participants are required to proceed with a class, which varies with the class type. Gra Baking Academy reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course when appropriate or required. Gra Baking Academy's decision is final.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy:
Refund of course fees will be based on the following conditions:
- More than 14 working days before course commencement date: 100% refund of course fees
- 3 to 13 working days before course commencement date: 50% refund of course fees
- less than 3 working days before course commencement: No refund
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Trainee must achieve at least 75% attendance, pass all prescribed assessments, and attain 100% competency.
- Trainees will not receive the SOA (Statement of Attainment) and will need to pay the full amount of the course fee if they do not successfully complete the course or choose to drop out.
How to enrol in the course?
Don't miss this opportunity to elevate your culinary skills and delight your taste buds!
Visit the link below to fill the registration form online to enrol into upcoming schedules.
If the upcoming schedule dates don't align with your availability, don't worry! Register your interest along with your preferred dates, and we'll do our best to accommodate your preferences in our next course. We'll be in touch to keep you updated on future course options that match your schedule. Your baking journey is important to us, and we're excited to work together to make it a reality!