In this one-day comprehensive Puff Pastry & Croissant hands-on workshop, participants will be able to understand the elements of puff pastry and croissant. Learn how to produce laminated pastry dough from scratch and produce Vol-au-vents, Turnovers, Pockets, Pinwheels, Palmiers and croissants.
It is a pleasure to present a basket of home-baked croissants and puff pastries to guests. It will be a sense of satisfaction for a home baker to create these masterpieces of the baker’s art.
You’ll know that you have mastered the rolling technique if you tug at the end of a baked croissant and the dough unfurls in a single, long spiral.
What you will be learning :
• List and describe the ingredients and their functions in making basic puff pastry
• List the fat to flour ratio in making puff pastry
• Produce basic puff pastry using the lamination method
• Employ the correct methods and parameters when producing puff pastry.
• Produce 5 basic shapes using cutters or knife (Vol-au-vents, Turnovers, Pockets, Pinwheels and Palmiers)
• Prepare and produce basic fillings
• List and understand the ingredients and their functions in the basic yeasted dough for making croissant.
• List the fat to flour ratio in making croissant dough
• Produce basic croissant dough using the lamination method
• Employ the correct methods and parameters when producing croissant dough
• Roll out, cut and shape dough into a desired croissant shape.
• Proof and bake croissants to a satisfactory standard.
What you will be getting :
• Printed recipe for all the items leaned in class.
• Delicious pastries you have created.
• Certificate of participation.
• Awesome knowledge about pastry making.