Flowers, whether they are fresh or make from sugar. Have a unique power to spread joy and happiness. If you have been making and decorating cakes for a while, but never had the confidence to try making flowers, this class is for you.
Through hands-on, expert instruction by our experienced instructors, you’ll learn to make flower paste and learn how to roll, cut and shape petals, assemble your flowers and finish each one with petal dust for a realistic effect. In five sessions, develop the intricate skills needed to create the flowers that add complexity and dimension to simple birthday cakes or elaborate wedding cakes.
You will leave with beautiful flower displays and the confidence to create impressive flowers.
At the end of the course, you’ll receive a Gra Baking Academy Certificate.
What you will learn:
• Learn how to make perfect flower-paste and how to alter consistency for different weather condition.
• Learn how to colour and work confidently with flower paste.
• Know the essential tools and how to use them for making sugar flowers.
• Learn how to make quick and simple one-cutter flowers.
• Learn to use cutters and veiners to make wired leaves and petals.
• Learn how to make wired petals using our quick and easy technique.
• Learn how to make ‘pulled’ flowers without the use of cutters.
• Learn how to assemble the various elements of the wired flowers.
• Learn how colour and steam your flowers and foliage using edible dust to create a realistic effect.
• How to assemble the finished flowers and leaves into a simple posy.
• Flowers covered (Hydrangea, Daisy, Sweetpeas, Stephanotis, Freesias, Roses, David Austin Roses, Cherry blossoms, Carnation, Anemones, Open and Closed Peonies, Daffodil, Leaves and Foliage)
What you will be getting:
• Full collection of beautiful sugar flowers.
• The coursebook.
• A complete sugarcraft flower tools set.
• Printed recipe for flower paste.
• Gra Baking Academy Certificate.
• Awesome knowledge and experience.
Please double-check the date you wish to make the booking as there will be no refunds/ replacement class for cancellations due to any circumstances. In the unlikely event that we cancel a class, a full refund will be offered.
pictures are illustrative and do not necessarily represent the course topic – please see the course description for specific topics covered on the course.